Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rowing through Hell

I am being rowed through Paradise on a river of Hell:
Exquisite ghost, it is night.
The paddle it is a heart; it breaks the porcelain waves...

I'm everything you lost. You won't forgive me.
My memory keeps getting in the way of your history.
There is nothing to forgive. You won't forgive me.
I hid my pain even from myself; I revealed my pain
only to myself.
There is everything to forgive. You can't forgive me.
If only somehow you could have been mine,
what would not have been possible in this world?


- Agha Shahid Ali, The Country Without a Post Office

2 comments:

carrothead meets Blonde said...

Nice to see blogging...expected u to start the web ritual way back...anyways, better late than never and would love to see more original posts that r straight from da heart....
Veena Jayaraman

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.